Over 50% of American adults have gum disease – an infection below the gum line. Gum disease is linked to several health problems – from heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and pre-term babies – but only a small percentage of these adults get the treatment they need. Traditional gum disease treatment options involve cutting the gum tissue or extracting the teeth.
The LANAP® protocol uses the specific wavelength PerioLase® MVP-7™ dental laser to vaporize bacteria deep within the pockets of the gums while leaving healthy tissue intact. Patients undergoing this type of treatment enjoy fast healing times and more predictable results. Take care of your oral and total health today.
Gum disease isn’t widely talked about but can have a big impact on your life. Patients suffering from gum disease often feel less confident and fear losing their teeth. Dr. Wimmer is certified in a unique laser gum disease treatment, the LANAP protocol.
Because of the gentle nature of the procedure, patients typically see immediate results with less bleeding when brushing and less bad breath. Of course, your gums need time to recover and heal, but after LANAP® treatment, you can drive your car, go back to work, or do anything else you like.
- Faster Healing– LANAP® is minimally invasive and allows the body to recover and heal more quickly.
- Less Discomfort– Patients report less discomfort during and after surgery.
- Minimal Recovery Time– Most patients can immediately return to their daily routine.
- Little to No Gum Recession– Because the procedure doesn’t require cutting the gums, there is less risk of recession and your beautiful smile is maintained.
- Reduction in Gum Inflammation and Bleeding– The PerioLase® MVP-7™ targets inflammatory bacteria without injuring healthy tissue.
- Saves Teeth– Patients can keep their natural teeth sometimes even when the teeth have been deemed ‘hopeless’ with traditional treatments. Keeping your natural teeth has been linked to a longer lifespan!
- Safe for patients with Health Concerns –LANAP® protocol is safe for patients with health concerns such as diabetes, HIV, hemophilia, or those taking medications such as Plavix or aspirin.
Ready to learn more about treating gum disease with technology? Schedule your appointment with Dr. Wimmer today!